The Beauty by Code sites are owned and operated by Beauty by Code LLC. and its affiliated entities who are all collectively referred to herein as, “Beauty by Code”, “our”, “we”, “us”.
Beauty by Code is an LLC registered with the State of Delaware (DE) and operates from Austin, Texas.
We will take reasonable precautions to protect information we collect about you via the website using cyber security technologies and monitoring of our data storage infrastructure.
We collect the following information when you use the Store for the purposes described below:
- Concerning reviews
You may submit product reviews to appear on the Site. If you submit a review, we will collect your first name and last initial, email address and any information you choose to submit in your review. Although we will not display your email address, your first name, last initial and review will be publicly available through the Store. Please be mindful not to post information if you aren’t comfortable with it being public.
- Contests, Sweepstakes and other events.
Polls, Surveys, and feedback
- Referral Program
If you use our “Refer a Friend” program or other referral programs to send promotional messages to one or more of your contacts, we will collect the recipient’s email address and use it solely to send the referral message. We will let the recipient know we sent the referral at your request. The person you referred may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Browsing Information
- Information from Other Sources and online venues
We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you for the purposes of tailoring content and products that we think may be relevant to you.
- Access to Camera and Photo Collection
With your permission you may wish to take advantage of Store features that utilize the camera on your personal device. Beauty by Code will collect your image or a video for the purpose of executing the services described herein when you provide consent. Your image will not be shared publicly, except where you choose to use your device's share capabilities to share a specific image. Images may be retained and used for other internal Beauty by Code purposes, such as user-facing value-add features (e.g. seeing your progress over time), improving features and services (such as through analytics, research and development), and other direct marketing efforts related to your specific use of the Store feature.
COOKIES, WEB TECHNOLOGIES, AND ANALYTICS INFORMATION.
Like many websites, our Store uses automated data collection Technologies, including cookies, to collect certain information. We, as well as third parties, use these Technologies as follows:
- A “cookie” is a small text file that identifies your computer or device. When you visit our Store, unique cookies are placed on your browser. A web beacon is a technology with a unique identifier that is typically contained in a small graphic file in a web page or in an email. We may use these Technologies to identify that you’ve logged into the Store, to hold selected products in your shopping cart when you navigate away from the order page, to suggest content and products that we think may be relevant to you, and to monitor aggregate usage of our Store. We also use these Technologies to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to improve our Store by recognizing which pages are visited and whether those visits result in purchases.
- Interest-Based Advertising. So that we can better target our advertising to individuals’ interests, we work with advertising partners who may use Technologies, including cookies to gather browsing Information about you when you use our Store. Our advertising partners may also gather information about your visits to other websites to infer information about your interests. We or our advertising partners may use this information to make inferences about your interests so that we can advertise our products to you on other sites that you visit or in emails that we send to you.
- We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Store. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s processing of data generated by your use of the Store by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information we collect for the following purposes:
- We use information collected to provide and operate Beauty by Code, to facilitate your online shopping, to enable purchases and process payments, to operate the Site features, to communicate with you (e.g., for customer support), to administer our Rewards Program, to implement your requests (e.g., referrals), on-platform optimization and reporting, to improve customer experience through personalization of products and their application, and to tailor and send you marketing materials.
- We use your browsing and other information to help us analyze our Store and offerings.
- We use your browsing, shopping, and other information to enhance your use of our Store and provide you with interest-based advertising.
- We may use your email address to contact you about your account, and any relevant information about the Store (e.g., security updates or issues, etc.).
- We may use information you post in public areas to provide you with an interactive social media experience that brings aspects of your social networking community into your Store experience.
- We may use information we collect for our own and our affiliate companies’ legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research (including marketing research), network and information security, to detect security incidents, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- We may use the information we collect for any purpose disclosed to you at the time it was collected or otherwise with your consent.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
- We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers we engage to help us administer and operate the Store (including our Rewards Program), to process and fulfill your orders, and to communicate with you. The types of vendors to whom we entrust Personal Information include: (i) IT services, including hosting our Store and the provider of our Rewards Program platform; (ii) communications service providers who help us send newsletters and other marketing emails and SMS messages; (iii) payment processing and order fulfillment services; and (iv) providers of customer support services. These service providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. Brand will not purchase consent, or sell, rent or share consent to opt-in to the Brand’s mobile SMS/texting program.
- We may share Personal Information with companies that are under common ownership or control with us (e.g., Beauty by Code subsidiaries or parent companies) to provide you with a product or service that you have requested or that we believe may be of interest to you or similar purpose as described herein. We require our affiliates not to use Personal Information for any other purpose other than the purpose as directed.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third-Party Marketing. As described above, we may allow Third-Party advertising partners to use web Technologies to collect information about your browsing Information for interest-based advertising. You may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We or our service providers may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate: (i) to comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) to respond to your requests; (iii) to protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce our policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to us; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable (subject to applicable privacy laws) or (viii) as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable U.S., Canadian, or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by US or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Store. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities
Your Personal Information
With your Personal Information, such as information you give us to fulfill an order or to participate in a contest or sign up for an online offer, we will always allow you to change or correct your information and the choice of not receiving marketing from us. There are different ways you can control our use of any submitted Personal Information in connection with promotional communications.
You will have the option when you set up an account or click on “Sign In” from any page on the Site, to access, correct or update your choices and settings.
You do not have to provide us with your Personal Information, but if you do not provide us with certain information, we will not be able to provide you with the products or services that you have requested or deal properly with any enquiries or complaints raised by you.
If you receive email marketing communications from us and want to opt out of receiving such communications in the future from that brand, you can opt out by clicking a link at the bottom of the promotional email that will allow you to unsubscribe or by contacting us using the details below. You may not opt-out of receiving non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as technical notices, purchase confirmations, or shipping information.
If you have any difficulty managing your communication preferences, please email email@example.com
Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals. However, you may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note however that in most cases opting out drops an “opt-out cookie” on your browser. As a result, if you delete cookies or use a different computer or browser, you’ll need to renew your opt-out choice.
To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download DAA's AppChoices application from your device's app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device's platform controls in your settings to exercise choice.
Please remember, even if you opt out of interest-based advertising on or through these sites and other opt-out sites or services, or by adjusting your browser settings, you may still receive Beauty by Code ads, as interest-based ads are only one form of advertising.
Right of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your Personal Information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your Personal Information; (v) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed Personal Information; and (vi) request erasure of Personal Information held about you by Beauty by Code, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law; and (vii) withdraw your consent you have provided to our use of your Personal Information. Where you withdraw your consent, we will stop using your data for the specific purpose, unless we have an alternative legal basis to use it. Where applicable law allows, a small administrative fee may be requested for obtaining copies of Personal Information.
Right to Object
In accordance with applicable law, where we are processing your Personal Information on the basis of our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop processing it and we must do so unless we believe that we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue processing it or the processing is needed for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
These rights vary depending on where you reside and Beauty by Code will make reasonable efforts to honor your request, even if your country or state does not require us to do so. If you ask us to delete or stop using your personal information, we may not be able to honor that request if the information is required to process your payments or returns; fulfill your order; or comply with tax, audit, regulatory requirements or other exceptions prescribed by law. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, where necessary, Beauty by Code will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. To submit a request to access or delete your personal information, you may also contact us to make any requests related to your personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org
California Privacy Notices
Beauty by Code does not sell personal information about its customers who reside in California or in any other jurisdiction.
In addition, if you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user of the Store, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Store. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from the Store (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please contact us at the email below.
Our Store is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, or in certain jurisdictions, under 18 (“Children” or a “Child”), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a Child, we will delete such information from our records.
Your Personal Information
We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our Store, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through our Store, and you do so at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
When you register for the Store, we ask you to set up a password that you can use to access your information. If you want to cancel your password or change it, or something happens to your password, click on “Sign In” from any page on our Store, so you can access, correct or update your choices and settings from within your account.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or Transport Layer Security (TLS) or similar industry standard technology to encrypt transmissions of sensitive information from your computer to our servers. However, when you communicate with customer service via email on our website, these communications may be handled via unsecured transmissions or by third party service providers. Please be aware that information provided (such as email address, payment information, etc.) may be accessible to others. For that reason, we ask that you protect yourself and not share sensitive information via these communication channels.
International Data Transfers
If you are in the European Economic Area, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your Personal Information violates applicable law.
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or if you would like to request access to or correction of your Personal Information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your Personal Information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail, at the email or mail supplied by you when opening an account at the Store or if applicable, at the telephone number you may have provided when signing up to receive SMS messages.
Beauty by code wants to offer you the best possible internet experience; consequently, additional functions, features, products, or services are incorporated into the Store from time to time.